This year, we’ve opened three new ABC stores. That translates to three grand opening celebrations and countless wine tastings. But if you’ve never been to one of our wine tastings, that doesn’t mean much to you. This week (tomorrow, actually), we’ll be celebrating the newest store to our ABC family in a brand-spanking new location, Lake Nona, and later this year and early next year we have even more grand openings to look forward to, including Ponte Vedra and Stuart.
So if you’ve never been to one of our wine tastings, here’s what you can expect at our grand opening events, particularly tomorrow’s celebration at Lake Nona.
- If you didn’t already know, Lake Nona is a big golfing community and home to PGA pro Graeme McDowell, winner of last weekend’s OHL Classic tournament in Mexico. He also happens to be a partner of GolfBeer alongside Keegan Bradley and Freddie Jacobson. While the three golf celebrities aren’t scheduled to be in attendance, their namesake beers will be. Enjoy pours of G-Mac’s Celtic-Style Pale Ale, Freddie’s Scandinavian-Style Blonde Ale and Keegan Bradley’s New England-Style Lager at Wednesday night’s event. (Psst… You can follow them on Twitter @GolfBeerBrewing.)
- Additionally, South African golf pro Retief Goosen will be pouring a selection of wines in his line. Meet Retief and have your bottle of The Goose signed by the golfer tomorrow night! (You can also follow him on Twitter at @TheGooseWines.)
- An opportunity to purchase a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle will be raffled off to attendees. Pappy Van Winkle is only available through our Bourbon Lottery, but for this special occasion, we’re making an exception. Good luck to those who enter!
- Among the 50+ wines we’ll sample tomorrow evening are Domaine de Bila Haut l’Esquerda, a red wine with intense aromas and flavors of black fruit and warm spices. Importer Nadia Galati will be in attendance, pouring some of her wines, including Giorgi Platino. This Italian sparkler is crisp, refreshing and full of citrus.
- Enjoy samples of spirits as well, like El Jimador Silver and Reposado, as well as a sparkling cocktail made with Korbel and Chambord—a tasty combination that’s easy to replicate at home.
- Joining us for the celebration will be nearby restaurants Jersey Mike’s and Union Burger. Jersey Mike’s, a sandwich shop that opened just steps from ABC several weeks ago, will provide a selection of their popular sandwiches. Union Burger, a Canadian burger joint, opened in Lake Nona earlier this year and is excited to serve hamburger samples alongside the wine, spirits and beer samples at the grand opening.
While each grand opening is unique in the offerings, they all aim to showcase what ABC has to offer. Join us for the grand opening of our Lake Nona location (12254 Narcoossee Road) tomorrow evening, Wednesday, November 18, from 6-8 p.m. The cost of admission is $10 and includes samples of wines, spirits, beers, food and a souvenir wine glass. We’re excited to celebrate with everyone! Cheers!