The week just started, but we’ve got celebratin’ on the brain. So here are 5 reasons to celebrate this week. Pick an occasion, pick a cocktail, wine or beer, and toast to good times.
- The Pope joined Instagram. And that’s pretty dope. No need to celebrate for the imminent images, just the fact that he made his own account.
- Boaty McBoatface is leading in a serious attempt to engage the general public in naming a $300 million research ship. Other names up for vote include RRS Henry Worsley, RRS Usain Boat and RRS David Attenborough.
- National Cocktail Day is this Thursday. Make it a double.
- Two baby bald eagles hatched. And they’re adorable. Their parents are “Mr. President” and “The First Lady.” The Internet has been asked to suggest names for the eaglets. (See Boaty McBoatface for reasons why this might not be such a good idea.)
- Wine exists. Need we say more? (We’re open all week and we have wine. And it tastes good. And you can get it for incredible prices. Check it out online here.)
What are you celebrating this week? Tell us in a comment below or tweet us @abcwinecountry!