Here are my 10 picks of beers you should and can be drinking right now! How many times have you seen a list of great beers and then go try looking for some but later find they are seasonal, limited or not available in your state?! These are all beers that are available year-round, sold in 4 or 6 packs, and most of your local ABC Fine Wine & Spirits locations should have them readily available for you to purchase.
- Bell's Brewing Two Hearted Ale – Great all-around IPA, 7% ABV, rated 95 on Beer Advocate. This is my favorite go-to beer.
- Bold City Brewing Mad Manatee IPA – Nice easy-drinking, clean IPA with great flavors and 6.5% ABV. A beer you can enjoy anytime.
- Two Brothers Brewing Cane and Ebel – A hopped-up red rye ale; great beer rated 92 on Beer Advocate, 7% ABV.
- Founders Porter – Nice porter, great chocolate and coffee flavors, rich and silky, 7% ABV.
- Victory Brewing Golden Monkey – Tripel style beer, great everyday beer, 9.5% ABV.
- Cigar City Brewing Jai Alai – Great IPA, 7.5% ABV, 70 IBUs. 95 rating on Beer Advocate.
- North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin Imperial Stout – An amazing imperial Russian stout, 9% ABV, 96 rating on Beer Advocate. This is a must-try for any stout lover!
- Intuition Ale Works I-10 – Nice, refreshing IPA, great hop aromas and flavors, 7.3% ABV.
- Uinta Brewing Dubhe Black IPA – Imperial black IPA, something different and very enjoyable, 9.2% ABV.
- Dogfish Head Burton Baton – Oak-aged imperial IPA, 10% ABV, 70 IBUs. Be careful, this one can sneak up on you!
You can probably tell by this list that I enjoy IPAs, but there is definitely something on here for almost everyone!
Heather Rogers, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits beer consultant
Follow me on Twitter @abcbeerheatherr