Trying to find a great bubbly this year? Here is my New Year’s countdown for a special toast at midnight from ABC. If you don’t believe me, just check out their reviews in Wine Spectator!
10. France: Haton NV Brut Rose: 91pt Wine Spectator
9. France: Haton NV Brut: 91pt Wine Spectator
8. France: Moutard Pere & Fils NV Brut Chardonnay Persin: 92pt Wine Spectator
7. France: Moutard Pere & Fils Cuvee des 6 Cepages 2006: 93pt Wine Spectator
6. Italy: Contadi Castaldi Franciacorta Satèn: 91pt Wine Spectator
5. Italy: Bellavista Brut Franciacorta: 90 pt Wine Spectator
The next two are also from Italy, but are brand new to the ABC family. We know a bit about Giorgi and I did a blog on these two bottles, so I couldn’t leave them out of my top ten to celebrate with (and Wine Spectator doesn’t know what they are missing)
4. Italy: Giorgi 1870
3. Italy: Giorgi Platino Brut
2. US: Laetitia California Brut: 89pt Wine Spectator
1. US: Treveri Rose Sec Columbia Valley: 90pt Wine Spectator
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Today I kept it simple, but now you have 10 new wines for your own countdown this week. Choose one or more than one, either way you get a great bottle.
Wine Supervisor NW Florida
Follow me on Twitter @abcwineKat