You may not be as cunning as the Kingslayer, but you can slay some champagne with the art of sabrage.
- Choose a sparkling wine that has a glass bottle and traditional cork top (instead of screw top/plastic bottles). We chose Dominio de la Peseta Cava because it has a great price point and meets all of the above standards.
- Take foil and cage off the bottle.
- Find the seam of the bottle
- Using the blunt edge of a butcher’s knife (or a sabering sword if you have one handy) run the knife along the seam. Using one swift motion, aim for the lip of the bottle. Note: does not require a lot of force
- Lip of the bottle and cork should come off clean and in one piece.